Thursday, November 3, 2011

Whirlwind of Android!!!

Well it has been some time since I last posted something about Android.  It has been a matter of frantic preparation in order to get ready for this upcoming AnDevConII (Android Developers Conference).  It looks like I will be heading out to San Francisco for this little shindig.  While I am out there I will post any useful information that I have "gleamed" from the conference.  The schedule has changed numerous times in the last month or so, but I am sure there is going to be some Android 4.0 around there somewhere.

For anyone who hasn't done so check out the new Android 4.0 API as well as the new ADT (Rev. 15 I believe).  There have been some handy additions that make the ever turbulent relationship between Android and Eclipse a bit more enjoyable.  The downside to this is that I spent close to 20 hours reconfiguring my work computer because of how I had originally set up Eclipse, the SDK and ADT.  Good news is that it only took about 20 minutes on my laptop.  Which is the way it should be when you are using a computer that you have complete control over.  Any way...more to come as time permits!

No comments: